We are NH Foods Australia. A global company with a global purpose – to deliver the joy of eating.
An Australian base with global reach, we are leading the way with the production of our premium and iconic beef brands. We operate our head office in Sydney, along with three beef processing facilities, positioned in prime cattle regions on the east coast of Australia. We also own and operate Whyalla Beef, one of Australia’s largest, state-of-the-art feedlots located in Southern Queensland.
MACKAY – QLD
You’ll be based in Emerald (Central Queensland) and working with the livestock team at Thomas Borthwick & Sons, a beef exporting plant in Bakers Creek, Mackay. Located in Queensland on the Coral Sea Coast, the region is home to some of the most amazing nature experiences in Australia, including the Great Barrier Reef and the Whitsunday Islands. Here you’ll also find shimmering beaches, breathtaking countryside, culture, heritage, and local markets. If fishing is your thing, this region has got you covered. You can fish a tropical reef, a rainforest stream, a bluewater river, a sandy estuary, or an inland dam. Come for a career but stay for the lifestyle!
The successful applicant will be required to source and purchase cattle on behalf of Oakey Beef Exports & Thomas Borthwick & Sons (Mackay) consistent with their requirements
You will be responsible for:
- The day-to-day livestock purchases to satisfy the requirements of the two company abattoirs
- Liaising with the Livestock Manager to ensure that purchases meet requirements and manage stock on hand accordingly
- Liaising with producers regarding animal welfare problems and implement recommendations
- Implementing Quality Control programs to meet customer requirements
- Buying livestock as directed by Livestock Managers and in accordance with Livestock buying policy
- Coordination of all logistics to guarantee timely delivery to plant on both rail and road
- Completion of reports as required
- Client maintenance and canvassing as required
- Stock handling skills
- Experience in livestock buying at auction and on property
- Knowledge of Animal Welfare requirements
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills for dealing with internal Management as well as producers, suppliers, agents, and carriers
- Able to organise and keep accurate records using Microsoft Office programs
- Attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines
- Able to work autonomously and unsupervised
Ways we give back to you
We support your development by providing structured training and coaching, support networks and paths for career acceleration.
Our approach to flexible working helps you manage your work-life balance.
Promote from within:
When there’s opportunities for progression, we’ll promote from our team.
We host events so you can connect and unwind, while adding value to your community.
You can choose from a diverse range of employment opportunities.
Employment Assistance Program:
We take your health and happiness seriously, consistently finding new ways to provide an amazing place to work.
Should you join NH Foods Australia? Yes! Help our team bring the joy of eating to millions across the globe.
Why wait? Apply now.
If this is a role that interests you, please contact submit your application to, Thomas Borthwick & Sons Recruitment Coordinator, email: email@example.com.