We are NH Foods Australia. A global company with a global purpose – to deliver the joy of eating.
An Australian base with global reach, we are leading the way with the production of our premium and iconic beef brands. We operate our head office in Sydney, along with three beef processing facilities, positioned in prime cattle regions on the east coast of Australia. We also own and operate Whyalla Beef, one of Australia’s largest, state-of-the-art feedlots located in Southern Queensland.
OAKEY BEEF EXPORTS – QLD
You’ll be working at Oakey Beef Exports, one of Australia’s largest beef processing plants. Located on the Darling Downs, just 26km west of Toowoomba, Oakey is a welcoming and family-friendly town that offers a real country experience and genuine hospitality. With quality education options for all ages and sports facilities including squash, tennis, golf, rugby league, soccer along with pony and pistol clubs, your every sporting desire is covered. Come for a career but stay for the lifestyle!
THE OPPORTUNITY – Human Resources Manager
We are now seeking an energetic and vibrant Human Resources Manager to join our leading Red Meat industry team, someone who is innovative, smart, and not afraid to challenge the status quo.
Reporting to the General Manager we are looking for someone with exceptional communication and leadership skills.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Overseeing the Human Resources team including: Recruitment, Training, WHS, Return to Work, First Aid & Payroll
- Negotiation and management of enterprise agreements
- Develop and implement strategies to reduce absenteeism within the plant
- Ensure compliance with relevant awards, agreements and I.R. laws
- Coach, mentor and assist line managers to lead and manage their teams
- Implementation of HR information system
- Refine and implement programs linked to our strategic business plan across all functions to ensure a high-performance and professional culture
Ideally, candidates with the following attributes are encouraged to apply:
- Minimum of three years HR experience with a degree or diploma in HR and/or proven relevant work experience
- Sound knowledge of industrial and human relations laws
- Highly organised with attention to detail and excellent time management and problem solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to communicate on all levels
- Ability to develop relationships and maintain confidentiality
- Experience in the abattoir industry would be beneficial
Ways we give back to you.
We support your development by providing structured training and coaching, support networks and paths for career acceleration.
Our approach to flexible working helps you manage your work-life balance.
Promote from within:
When there’s opportunities for progression, we’ll promote from our team.
We host events so you can connect and unwind, while adding value to your community.
You can choose from a diverse range of employment opportunities.
Employment Assistance Program:
We take your health and happiness seriously, consistently finding new ways to provide an amazing place to work.
Should you join NH Foods Australia? Yes! Help our team bring the joy of eating to millions across the globe.
Why wait? Apply now.
Applicants are asked to send a cover letter and resume to the recruitment officer