Livestock Supply Chain Coordinator
We are NH Foods Australia. A global company with a global purpose – to deliver the joy of eating.
An Australian base with global reach, we are leading the way with the production of our premium and iconic beef brands. We operate our head office in Sydney, along with three beef processing facilities, positioned in prime cattle regions on the east coast of Australia. We also own and operate Whyalla Beef, one of Australia’s largest, state-of-the-art feedlots located in Southern Queensland.
An opportunity exists to join the Livestock Team at our Thomas Borthwick & Sons processing facility based in Mackay, QLD.
Reporting directly to the Livestock Manager the Livestock Supply Chain Coordinator will be responsible for the day-to-day coordination and administration of the livestock supply channel into the Mackay facility, including:
- Producer engagement
- Booking and scheduling of livestock supply
- Working with internal sales department to plan and forecast livestock requirements
- Support accounts department to ensure timely and accurate payments to livestock suppliers
- Develop and deliver producer days to livestock suppliers to provide feedback on animal health, MSA grading, and specifications for destination markets
- Support the Livestock Manager in all functions of the Livestock Procurement process
- Ensure all livestock documentation meets the requirements of the export facility
Key selection criteria:
- Knowledge and a genuine interest in the meat and livestock industry
- Well-developed communication skills with the ability to confidently engage with both internal and external stakeholders
- A high level of attention to detail and time management
- Competent in the use of Microsoft products and an understanding of enterprise management systems for accounting and stock control
- Formal qualifications to diploma/degree level in business, agribusiness, or animal science would be preferred but previous experience and aptitude will be taken into consideration
The successful candidate will be provided with both formal and informal training to broaden their knowledge base of both the livestock and beef supply channels, including animal welfare, stock handling and beef specifications to enable them to develop and achieve the required results. This position offers career progression in the livestock department, or if opportunity or interest presents, in other areas of the NH Foods business.
If you’re interested in this exciting position, please forward a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or for further information please contact Ellen on (07) 4952 8828.