What is the opportunity?
We are currently seeking for full-time qualified Maintenance Fitters to join our modern Export Red Meat Processing Plant. You will be working 38hr weeks, Monday to Friday, with overtime when available. Shift allowances also applicable.
Paid under the current Enterprise Agreement, $39.53 per hour
This role will be a part of a team who provide day to day machinery preventative maintenance and breakdown repairs of the plant.
What skill are we looking for?
- Mechanical fitting and machining
- Fault finding and diagnostic repairs of hydraulic and pneumatic machines.
- Demonstrated skills in welding and fabricating
- Commitment to workplace health and safety
- Ability to work unsupervised and complete tasks in required time frame.
What experience are we looking for?
- Previous experience in a food processing facility would be an advantage but not essential
- Australian trade qualification (Maintenance Fitting & Turning)
- Welding trade or experience with MIG, TIG and gas
Why chose Oakey Beef Exports?
- Stable employment with a company that is a leader in the food production industry.
- Discounted meat through our butcher shop onsite
- Continued professional development and support for further education.
- Employee Assistance Program
Come for a career but stay for the lifestyle of living and working in a family friendly town that offers a real country experience and genuine hospitality.
Why wait – apply now!
Help our team bring the joy of eating to millions across the globe.
WE WELCOME TALENT FROM ACROSS THE GLOBE
Experience in the Meat Industry? You may qualify for sponsorship.
Have an Australian Work Visa? Apply with any skill level – have your visa details ready.
Skill requirement: Please note, we are unable to sponsor without proven skills in the meat industry.