Thomas Borthwick & Sons (Australia) Pty Ltd forms part of the NH Foods group of companies. The Company operates a beef processing facility in Mackay, Queensland.
We are seeking a passionate and energetic individual who is committed to providing effective professional service and now have an opportunity for a Maintenance Fitter to join our team.
The successful applicant would find it advantageous to possess the following skills:
- 2 Years’ post apprenticeship experience.
- Previous experience within Food Manufacturing Industry.
- Experience in installation, operation, service, fault finding, repair and maintenance of plant equipment such as chain, belt & roller conveyor transport systems, saws, compressors, vacuum systems & pumps, water and chemical dosing pumps, evisceration equipment, heat exchangers, gearmotors, hydraulics, boilers, refrigeration equipment, vacuum and packaging equipment and associated plant services.
- Competent at basic oxy acetylene gas, MIG/TIG welding repairs/designs with stainless steel.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Effective time management skills.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and motivation.
- Ability to proactively work within a team together with the ability to work unsupervised.
- Compliance to OH&S and Quality policies and procedures.
- Valid Drivers’ License
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor the duties will include, but won’t be limited to:
- Responsible to maintain equipment according to sound engineering practice and equipment specifications.
- Perform inspections in accordance with the CMMS.
- Perform maintenance repairs, fabrication, and installation work on all assigned equipment.
- Investigate, diagnose, and perform trade related maintenance and repair of equipment and machinery according to maintenance requirements.
- Report all defects and breakdowns on equipment and machinery.
- Develop, modify, construct, and install related equipment required for the safe operation of all engineering equipment.
- Identify spares requirements and order according to departmental procedure.
- Communicate production supervisors to inform on maintenance activities performed and pre-start of equipment.
- Initiate and complete Work Orders and ensure timely sign off / close off for completed work along with relevant feedback information and other reports as required.
- Work overtime, standby and be available for callouts should the need arise.
- Resolve operational or technical equipment problems to minimise processing/manufacturing interruptions resulting from equipment breakdowns.
- Plan, schedule and organise own work within the requirements of the work plan and coordinate with other parties as required.
- Provide immediate responses to emergency work orders.
- Provide daily feedback and reports to Supervisor on progress and work completed against schedule and reasons for variance, recording delays and recommending action to eliminate future delays.
- Demonstrate active involvement in Safety Toolbox Meetings.
- Contribute ideas for continuous improvement and assist in the development of job procedures as required.
- Supervise apprentices as required.
If this role aligns with your area of expertise, then simply APPLY NOW or call 07 4952 8824 for further information.