Established in 1956, Oakey Beef Exports in Queensland’s Darling Downs region is one of Australia’s largest beef processing plants, employing more than 700 people from Oakey, Toowoomba and the surrounding districts. It offers employment, growth and development for the region, and for the industry.
It offers employment, growth and development for the region, and for the industry.
AN EXCITING OPPORTUNITY EXISTS TO JOIN THE OAKEY BEEF EXPORTS TEAM
Reporting to the Leadership team, you will be responsible for leading a team of maintenance personnel in a plant that operates 24 hrs 7 days per week, driving plant reliability and minimising downtime to ensure production targets can be met. Your team will consist of permanent trades (mechanical & electrical), supervisors. Your remit will focus on providing strong leadership skills, direction and support to your teams to ensure they are able to perform at an optimal level adhering to safety protocols.
As a leader you will be able to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills, a solid track record in problem solving and maintaining high standards.
Key Responsibilites Include
- Provide leadership to the team of trades on site, allocating & prioritising tasks to execute maintenance and reliability plans
- Liaising with the Maintenance and Production teams to review production downtime, identify issues and improvement opportunities on the production lines
- Work closely with trades and engineering support teams to solve recurring problems
- Perform Root Cause Analysis on all critical failures of plant and ensure action items derived are implemented and sustained
- Liaising with Site Engineering to manage reliability outcomes for all capital projects
- Coaching of maintenance and trades team in best practice maintenance methodologies
- Key contributor to ongoing improvement in plant performance
- Key contributor to planning for site growth and development
- Prepare documents for the sourcing of contract services and oversee project work, including contractors.
The Successful Applicant Would Ideally
- Qualification in a relevant Engineering field preferred Mechanical / or trade qualified
- Experience in food processing environment would be an advantage.
- Experience in formulation of project scope and packages of execution including: Mechanical, Hydraulic, Electrical and Supplementary Structural
- Experience in Project Risk Management and Control Implementation
- Software experience and proficiency in CAD, Microsoft Office is highly regarded.
- Knowledge of Australian statutory requirements including safe work procedures and Safety of machinery standards.
Interested applicants please email your resume to the Recruitment Officer email@example.com