Mechanical Maintenance Fitter
What is the opportunity?
Thomas Borthwick & Sons is seeking a full-time Mechanical Maintenance Fitter that demonstrates initiative and motivation to join our maintenance team. In this role, you will have opportunities to develop your leadership skills by supervising apprentices. Some of your responsibilities will include investigating, diagnosing, maintaining, and repairing on-site equipment. It is crucial that you promptly report any defects and breakdowns and ensure compliance with engineering practices.
Furthermore, you will be responsible for developing, modifying, constructing, and installing equipment required for the safe operation of all engineering equipment. You will also efficiently resolving operational or technical equipment issues and providing feedback to your Maintenance Supervisor.
Please note there may be occasions when you are required to work overtime, be on standby or be available for callouts. Due to the this and the lack of public transportation, a valid driver’s license and personal transportation are required.
What skills are we looking for?
- Proficient in basic oxy acetylene gas and stainless steel MIG/TIG welding repairs and designs
- Conduct inspections in accordance with the CMMS
- Capacity to work collaboratively within a team and independently without supervision
- Adherence to WHS and quality policies and procedures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Effective time management skills
What experience are we looking for?
- Minimum 2 years post apprenticeship experience
- Previous experience within the Food Processing Industry
- Experience in installation, operation, service, fault finding, repair and maintenance of plant equipment
- Proficient in resolving operational or technical equipment problems to minimise processing/manufacturing interruptions resulting from equipment breakdowns.
Why chose Thomas Borthwick & Sons?
- Stable employment with a company that is a leader in the food production industry
- All tools required for the role, including uniform and PPE, will be supplied
- Discounted meat through our onsite butcher shop
- Employee Assistance Program
- We support your development by providing structured training and coaching.
Come for a career but stay for the lifestyle of living and working in a family friendly town that offers a real county experience and genuine hospitality.
Why wait – apply now!
Help our team bring the joy of eating to millions across the globe.
WE WELCOME TALENT FROM ACROSS THE GLOBE
Experience in the Meat Industry? You may qualify for sponsorship.
Have an Australian Work Visa? Apply with any skill level – have your visa details ready.
Skill requirement: Please note, we are unable to sponsor without proven skills in the meat industry.