Mechanical Maintenance Fitter
We are NH Foods Australia. A global company with a global purpose – to deliver the joy of eating.
An Australian base with global reach, we are leading the way with the production of our premium and iconic beef brands. We operate our head office in Sydney, along with three beef processing facilities, positioned in prime cattle regions on the east coast of Australia. We also own and operate Whyalla Beef, one of Australia’s largest, state-of-the-art feedlots located in Southern Queensland.
MACKAY – QLD
You’ll be working at Thomas Borthwick & Sons, a beef exporting plant in Bakers Creek, Mackay. Located in Queensland on the Coral Sea Coast, the region is home to some of the most amazing nature experiences in Australia, including the Great Barrier Reef and the Whitsunday Islands. Here you’ll also find shimmering beaches, breathtaking countryside, culture, heritage and local markets. If fishing is your thing, this region has got you covered. You can fish a tropical reef, a rainforest stream, a bluewater river, a sandy estuary, or an inland dam. Come for a career, but stay for the lifestyle!
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor the duties will include, but won’t be limited to:
- Responsible to maintain equipment according to sound engineering practice and equipment specifications.
- Perform inspections in accordance with the CMMS.
- Perform maintenance repairs, fabrication, and installation work on all assigned equipment.
- Investigate, diagnose, and perform trade related maintenance and repair of equipment and machinery according to maintenance requirements.
- Report all defects and breakdowns on equipment and machinery.
- Develop, modify, construct, and install related equipment required for the safe operation of all engineering equipment.
- Identify spares requirements and order according to departmental procedure.
- Communicate production supervisors to inform on maintenance activities performed and pre-start of equipment.
- Initiate and complete Work Orders and ensure timely sign off / close off for completed work along with relevant feedback information and other reports as required.
- Work overtime, standby and be available for callouts should the need arise.
- Resolve operational or technical equipment problems to minimise processing/manufacturing interruptions resulting from equipment breakdowns.
- Plan, schedule and organise own work within the requirements of the work plan, and coordinate with other parties as required.
- Provide immediate responses to emergency work orders.
- Provide daily feedback and reports to Supervisor on progress and work completed against schedule and reasons for variance, recording delays and recommending action to eliminate future delays.
- Demonstrate active involvement in Safety Toolbox Meetings.
- Contribute ideas for continuous improvement and assist in the development of job procedures as required.
- Supervise apprentices as required.
- 2 Years’ post apprenticeship experience.
- Previous experience within Food Manufacturing Industry.
- Experience in installation, operation, service, fault finding, repair and maintenance of plant equipment such as chain, belt & roller conveyor transport systems, saws, compressors, vacuum systems & pumps, water and chemical dosing pumps, evisceration equipment, heat exchangers, gearmotors, hydraulics, boilers, refrigeration equipment, vacuum and packaging equipment and associated plant services.
- Competent at basic oxy acetylene gas, MIG/TIG welding repairs/designs with stainless steel.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Effective time management skills.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and motivation.
- Ability to proactively work within a team together with the ability to work unsupervised.
- Compliance to OH&S and Quality policies and procedures.
- Valid Drivers’ License
Ways we give back to you
We support your development by providing structured training and coaching, support networks and paths for career acceleration.
Our approach to flexible working helps you manage your work-life balance.
Promote from within:
When there’s opportunities for progression, we’ll promote from our team.
We host events so you can connect and unwind, while adding value to your community.
You can choose from a diverse range of employment opportunities.
Employment Assistance Program:
We take your health and happiness seriously, consistently finding new ways to provide an amazing place to work.
Should you join NH Foods Australia? Yes! Help our team bring the joy of eating to millions across the globe.
Why wait? Apply now.
If this is a role that interests you, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.