Plate Systems Operator – Cold Stores Department
We are NH Foods Australia. A global company with a global purpose – to deliver the joy of eating.
An Australian base with global reach, we are leading the way with the production of our premium and iconic beef brands. We operate our head office in Sydney, along with three beef processing facilities, positioned in prime cattle regions on the east coast of Australia. We also own and operate Whyalla Beef, one of Australia’s largest, state-of-the-art feedlots located in Southern Queensland.
OAKEY BEEF EXPORTS – QLD
You’ll be working at Oakey Beef Exports, one of Australia’s largest beef processing plants. Located on the Darling Downs, just 26km west of Toowoomba, Oakey is a welcoming and family-friendly town that offers a real country experience and genuine hospitality. With quality education options for all ages and sports facilities including squash, tennis, golf, rugby league, soccer along with pony and pistol clubs, your every sporting desire is covered. Come for a career, but stay for the lifestyle!
We are looking for a person interested in working with the exciting field of computer programs and hi-tech robotics
The Cold Store Plate Systems Operator will be accountable for the effective day-to-day operational management of the new high-tech plate freezer and its functions.
Ideally, candidates with the following attributes are encouraged to apply:
- Good knowledge of warehousing, Distribution and local Inventory control
- Good time management skills
- Comply with all Company policies and Workplace health and safety procedures
- Maintain a level of product integrity and security when operating systems to ensure no unreasonable damage to product/property or equipment
- Effective, timely and accurate distribution of goods in and out of our warehouse, including loading of trucks.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Ensure correct daily set up of system.
- Consistently monitoring the operations of the system to ensure production throughput is not compromised
- Be able to correctly identify and record faults within the system and report them accordingly to the correct department
- Constant communication with department supervisor to ensure full utilisation of the system
- Perform end of production procedures (defrag, suspects, etc.) to ensure system at optimal running condition for next day.
- Managing all inventory in the warehouse including stocktake, product, parts
- Daily processing of orders via Warehouse Management System
- Preparing orders for delivery ensuring efficiency
- Identifying and crosschecking picked orders against customer requests prior to dispatching order
- Record and report all damages, shortages, or non-conformance to specifications
- Co-ordinate and management of damaged goods
What skills you will need:
- Excellent communication skills and be able to work unsupervised
- Intermediate computer skill capability
- Basic understanding of automated equipment/robotics
- Basic understanding of product codes/specifications
- Understanding of loadout processes and forklift safety.
Ways we give back to you.
We support your development by providing structured training and coaching, support networks and paths for career acceleration.
Our approach to flexible working helps you manage your work-life balance.
Promote from within:
When there’s opportunities for progression, we’ll promote from our team.
We host events so you can connect and unwind, while adding value to your community.
You can choose from a diverse range of employment opportunities.
Employment Assistance Program:
We take your health and happiness seriously, consistently finding new ways to provide an amazing place to work.
Should you join NH Foods Australia? Yes! Help our team bring the joy of eating to millions across the globe.
Why wait? Apply now.
Applications including a cover letter and resume should be forwarded to Recruitment Officer email: email@example.com