Projects & Business Improvement Officer
We are NH Foods Australia. A global company with a global purpose – to deliver the joy of eating.
An Australian base with global reach, we are leading the way with the production of our premium and iconic beef brands. We operate our head office in Sydney, along with three beef processing facilities, positioned in prime cattle regions on the east coast of Australia. We also own and operate Whyalla Beef, one of Australia’s largest, state-of-the-art feedlots located in Southern Queensland.
HEAD OFFICE – SYDNEY
You will be working in our head office in North Sydney, a bustling business district across the harbour from the CBD. And when you are not working, Sydney offers new experiences around every corner with a vibrant restaurant scene, Sydney Harbour, glistening beaches, and a heartbeat that never stops. Come for a career but stay for the lifestyle!
We are seeking a Projects & Business Improvement Officer, reporting to the Production Division Manager and Operations Department Manager/Director, you will be responsible for reviewing and assisting the Production Department understand current processes and business improvement opportunities.
Your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Monitor, report and maintain records and files so Production standards and outcomes are being benchmarked and achieved
- Work with Production Department Managers/peers, Plant & Feedlot General Managers & staff to make successful business decisions to improve efficiency and financial outcomes
- Identify, analyse, and evaluate information from a variety of sources in relation to tasks (Production, Specifications, Procedures)
- Identify and co-ordinate new business improvement and cost reduction innovation activities
- Contribute to business improvement through active support and direct consultation with stakeholders both Internal and External
- Research and report legislative and regulatory requirements and identify strategies for compliance
- Develop measurable plans and strategies to improve business opportunities
- Conduct post-project auditing to evaluate the effectiveness of implemented project and/or business improvement activities
- Assist the Production Department in promoting a culture across all sites that encourages efficiency and top performance. Monitoring and ensuring correct time management to meet business outcomes are being achieved.
- Any other duties as reasonably directed within the limits of your skills and experience
- Degree in business (Project Management), qualifications in change management and/or equivalent knowledge and experience (3+ years) specifically in business improvement activities or equivalent
- Strong understanding of defining and delivering business improvement activities.
- Excellent analytical skills to identify root cause and documenting options and recommendations.
- Persuasive communication and relationship management skills. Ability to break down problems and provide project advice that is consistent and well received within the business. This includes written documentation to communicate options and recommendations to a broad range of audiences, with confidence and in appropriate formats.
- Facilitation of data collection and experience using project reporting tools.
- Previous meat industry experience whilst not essential, highly regarded.
Ways we give back to you.
We support your development by providing structured training and coaching, support networks and paths for career acceleration.
Our approach to flexible working helps you manage your work-life balance.
Promote from within:
When there’s opportunities for progression, we will promote from our team.
We host events so you can connect and unwind, while adding value to your community.
You can choose from a diverse range of employment opportunities.
Employment Assistance Program:
We take your health and happiness seriously, consistently finding new ways to provide an amazing place to work.
Should you join NH Foods Australia? Yes! Help our team bring the joy of eating to millions across the globe.
Why wait? Apply now.
Send your updated CV to Cesar Antonio Suazo – HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org