Quality Assurance Officer
“Joy of Eating” is the company’s worldwide motto, and our dedicated teams aim is to provide our valued customers with the very best quality product. Thomas Borthwick & Sons forms a part of NH Foods group companies, a leading producer and exporter of beef, in Mackay Queensland.
We would like to welcome you to join Thomas Borthwick & Sons, if you value a good team environment, possess excellent communication skills, whilst having a sound understanding of HACCP. Your day will be filled with a whole range of Quality Assurance tasks, which can be in a team environment or unsupervised. At Thomas Borthwick & Sons we offer you a supportive culture, with the opportunity for growth and development. For a skilled candidate that is motivated and has a positive attitude, we will have a relocation support package on offer.
The successful applicant would find it advantageous to possess the following skills:
- Strong understanding of HACCP & Quality Assurance System
- Knowledge of Approved Arrangements
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Tertiary Qualification in Quality Management
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office
Reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager the duties will include, but won’t be limited to:
- Ensure compliance within the production areas
- Assist the Quality Assurance Department in monitoring our existing Quality Assurance and Food Safety System
- Comply with quality requirements
- Continual improvement of the Quality System as a whole
- Develops quality assurance plans by conducting hazard analyses; identifying critical control points and preventive measures; monitoring quality issues, corrective actions, and verification procedures.
- Track, record, and maintain quality assurance data
- Oversee all product development procedures to identify deviations from quality standards
- Oversee the product manufacturing process to ensure quality
- Eliminate products not up to standard and seek root cause of the problem
If you think this role aligns with your area of expertise then APPLY NOW or please contact us for further information.