Qualified MSA Grader/Chiller Assessor
The successful applicant would find it advantageous to possess the following skills:
- Demonstrate good communication skills both written and oral
- Is able to work well within a small team
- Possesses basic computer skills
- Brings exceptional good attention to detail.
- Has the ability to work shift work
- Comes from a meat industry background utilising knife skills
Reporting to the MSA Coordinator the duties will include, but won’t be limited to:
- Assess carcasses as per AUS-MEAT requirements
- Assess carcass attributes according to Meat Standards Australia
- Conduct pH declines
- Enter data collected into the MLA portals
- Assisting the company to maintain standards
“Joy of Eating” is the company’s worldwide motto and our dedicated teams aim is to provide our valued customers with the very best quality product. Thomas Borthwick & Sons forms a part of NH Foods group companies, a leading producer and exporter of beef, in Mackay Queensland.
We would like to welcome you to join Thomas Borthwick & Sons, if you value a good team environment, possess excellent communication skills, whilst having a sound understanding of MSA Grading. Your day will be filled with a whole range of MSA tasks, which can be in a team environment or unsupervised. At Thomas Borthwick & Sons we offer you a supportive culture, with the opportunity for growth and development.
If you’re interested in this exciting role, apply now by forwarding an up-to-date copy of your CV