Return to Work & Rehabilitation Coordinator
Established in 1956, Oakey Beef Exports in Queensland’s Darling Downs region is one of Australia’s largest beef processing plants, employing more than 700 people from Oakey, Toowoomba and the surrounding districts. It offers employment, growth and development for the region, and for the industry.
It offers employment, growth and development for the region, and for the industry.
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager
This Role Involves
- Assisting injured workers to remain at or return to work while they recover from a work-related injury.
- Investigating and interviewing injured employees
- Planning the worker’s return to work if they require time away from work to recover and make decisions to progress their return.
- Consulting with the injured worker, their treating health practitioner, occupational rehabilitation provider and supervisors.
- Monitoring the progress of an injured worker’s recovery.
- Taking steps to prevent a recurrence or aggravation of the injury.
- Helping to resolve any issues or disputes related to return to work.
- Lodging injured workers WorkCover claims
- Consulting with WorkCover Queensland regarding injured workers claims
- Record keeping of personal medical files
- Data entry of personal medical information
- Working Monday to Friday 38.00 hour plus extended hours when required
The Successful Applicant Would Ideally
- Have previous experience as a Rehabilitation & Return to Work Coordinator
- Have current senior first aid certificates and qualifications
- Have current drug & alcohol testing certificates or willing to do the training to gain this Certificate
- Have good communication, computer & phone skills
Show a high level of confidentiality
Have own reliable transport & be able to do early morning 4.00am start
Interested applicants please email your resume to the Recruitment Officer firstname.lastname@example.org