Established in 1956, Oakey Beef Exports in Queensland’s Darling Downs region is one of Australia’s largest beef processing plants, employing more than 700 people from Oakey, Toowoomba and the surrounding districts. It offers employment, growth and development for the region, and for the industry.
It offers employment, growth and development for the region, and for the industry.
Reporting to the Maintenance, Engineering & General Manager
- Assist with planning and leading of assigned Engineering or major R & M / Capital Projects
- Overseeing the running of daily plant operations including Water, Steam, Refrigeration, Hydraulics and Pneumatics.
- Ensure the service schedules for all equipment/machinery are met
- Provide service support to the production processes & daily running of the plant
- Respond to service requests of boiler and refrigeration in a timely manner
- Maintain positive relationships with suppliers & maintenance support contractors/companies
- Assist the Plant Engineer and Maintenance Manager with Capital, Engineering and Environmental Projects.
- Assist the Engineer and Maintenance Manager to provide leadership and support to the management and staff of Oakey Beef Exports, as required.
- Actively assist with implementing all Oakey policies and procedures, safe work instructions to ensure compliance with legislative responsibilities.
- Effectively communicate with the Maintenance Manager, Engineer and General Manager.
- Effectively communicate with the Maintenance Manager, Plant Engineers and General Manager.
What you will need to succeed
- Basic computer skills.
- Maintenance experience in the red meat industry.
- Knowledge of relevant building and Environmental regulations and WH&S.
- Three years of experience in Refrigeration.
- Advanced boiler ticket and relevant Trade certificates. (Boiler, Fitter & Refrigeration)
Interested applicants please email their resume to the Recruitment Officer David Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Oakey Beef Exports are an equal opportunity employer