Storeman/Purchasing Officer – Mechanical & Consumables Stores
About the business
Thomas Borthwick & Sons (Australia) Pty Ltd forms part of the NH Foods group of companies. The Company operates a beef processing facility in Mackay, Queensland.
About the role
The position will contribute to the proficient and timely resourcing of consumables and parts for the safe and continuous operation of the processing plant.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Stock control and management of consumables for processing department and facilities maintenance department
- Purchasing/procurement including managing inventory levels, forward planning, supplier forecasting and cost analysis
- Ordering of production materials and components and management and reporting on DIFOT to site management and suppliers
- Raising purchase orders, monitoring delivery progress, goods receipting and reconciling orders
- Continuous improvement of purchasing systems and reporting.
- Purchasing system maintenance including analysis of re-ordering levels and setting minimum safety stock quantities
- Work closely with accounts to provide timely input of goods received for timely supplier payments
- The ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external customers and suppliers
- Assist with supplier reviews, and tendering processes
- Good computer skills across the Microsoft office suite and management systems such as SAP and/or Oracle
- Previous experience in purchasing/stock management in a FMCG environment desirable
- Highly developed analytical skills, with the ability to report on key metrics, financial, purchasing and logistics.
- Out-come focused individual with ability to work autonomously with in a team
- High level of attention to detail and time management
- Current forklift license would be an advantage
- Mechanical aptitude would be an advantage
If you’re interested in this role, forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on 27 October 2021.