WHS & E Advisor/Manager
We are NH Foods Australia. A global company with a global purpose – to deliver the joy of eating.
An Australian base with global reach, we are leading the way with the production of our premium and iconic beef brands. We operate our head office in Sydney, along with three beef processing facilities, positioned in prime cattle regions on the east coast of Australia. We also own and operate Whyalla Beef, one of Australia’s largest, state-of-the-art feedlots located in Southern Queensland.
HEAD OFFICE – SYDNEY
You will be working in our head office in North Sydney, a bustling business district across the harbour from the CBD. And when you are not working, Sydney offers new experiences around every corner with a vibrant restaurant scene, Sydney Harbour, glistening beaches, and a heartbeat that never stops. Come for a career but stay for the lifestyle!
We are seeking a Work Health & Safety Advisor/Manager who will assist the Director – Production Control, in providing operational assistance and advisory service to General Managers and staff of our subsidiaries in the management of WHS and the prevention of workplace accidents and injuries through risk mitigation. The role will also undertake management of all environmental matters across all our sites ensuring compliance against the license.
The role will require regular travel to regional NSW and QLD and the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate experience in:
- Providing timely and effective WHS & E advice to managers and staff
- Analysing WHS & E data to monitor plant performance with regards to compliance against legislation, providing reports as necessary
- Providing WHS & E auditing services for the group to ensure the plants meet their auditing requirements and set KPI’s
- Provision of training sessions as required
- Attending and participating in management meetings and other meetings as directed by senior management
- Maintaining a professional and consultative relationship with the subsidiaries management and safety teams to coordinate WHS & E activities and monitor interrelated matters
- Facilitating and supporting managers and staff of the subsidiaries in adhering to the Groups Corporate Safety Systems
- Working autonomously
- Ad-hoc reporting for various analysis
- A proven Health and Safety Management background with a Diploma or Degree qualified in WHS/Risk Management and/or Environmental or related discipline
- Exposure to Environmental Management
- Strong understanding of the legislative safety frameworks in NSW/QLD
- Demonstrated experience in the implementation of WHS & E policies and programs
- Possess strong analytical skills
- High attention to detail
- Strong planning and organisational skills coupled with excellent time management ability
- Dynamic, able to take initiative and adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Possess advanced communication and influencing skills at all levels
- Current Driver’s License
- Cert IV/Diploma in WHS
- Cert IV/Diploma Environmental
- Cert IV in Training & Assessment
- Return to Work Coordination Certification
- Knowledge of Australian Red Meat Industry, Abattoir/Cattle or Feedlot business is preferred but not essential
- Knowledge of environmental process and state licensing
Ways we give back to you.
We support your development by providing structured training and coaching, support networks and paths for career acceleration.
Our approach to flexible working helps you manage your work-life balance.
Promote from within:
When there’s opportunities for progression, we will promote from our team.
We host events so you can connect and unwind, while adding value to your community.
You can choose from a diverse range of employment opportunities.
Employment Assistance Program:
We take your health and happiness seriously, consistently finding new ways to provide an amazing place to work.
Should you join NH Foods Australia? Yes! Help our team bring the joy of eating to millions across the globe.
Why wait? Apply now.
Send your updated CV to Cesar Antonio Suazo – HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org