We are NH Foods Australia. A global company with a global purpose – to deliver the joy of eating.
An Australian base with global reach, we are leading the way with the production of our premium and iconic beef brands. We operate our head office in Sydney, along with three beef processing facilities, positioned in prime cattle regions on the east coast of Australia. We also own and operate Whyalla Beef, one of Australia’s largest, state-of-the-art feedlots located in Southern Queensland.
WHYALLA BEEF – QLD
You’ll be working at Whyalla Beef, a feedlot involved in the breeding, backgrounding and lot feeding of beef cattle. Located 25km northwest of Texas on the Queensland /New South Wales border, it’s recognised as one of the friendliest communities in Australia. Surrounded by national parks and waterholes, this rural area is heaving with possibilities for your weekend escapes including fishing, canoeing, four-wheel driving, motorbiking, hiking and camping. There’s also the Texas Country Music Festival and Texas Cup Race Meeting to add to your social calendar. Come for a career but stay for the lifestyle!
We are currently seeking an experienced WHS Officer to take day to day responsibility for the WHS at Whyalla Beef. The successful candidate will be a strong role model for safety in the workplace, has great communication skills, values teamwork but is also pro-active and takes initiative.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Perform site safety inspections, hazard identifications and risk assessments
- Undertake induction and WHS training for new and existing employees
- Maintain and review all safety documentation and safety systems
- Provide relevant training and support to continuously improve safety
- Manage drug and alcohol testing and vaccinations programs.
- Investigate injuries and illnesses and provide corrective action recommendations
- WorkCover and Rehab administration
- Above all, ensuring all activities are performed safely, accurately and in accordance with legislative, company and customer requirements
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- A keen eye for detail and accuracy
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Self-motivated and can work with minimal supervision
- Fast and competent computer skills
- Multitasking across a variety of tasks throughout the day
- Passion to drive a safety culture and lead with safety first
- Relevant OHS, Safety and First Aid qualifications or experience
- Hold a current driver’s licence with clean driving record
- Ability to pass a pre-employment medical and are Q-Fever vaccinated (or willing to obtain)
Ways we give back to you.
We support your development by providing structured training and coaching, support networks and paths for career acceleration.
Our approach to flexible working helps you manage your work-life balance.
Promote from within:
When there’s opportunities for progression, we’ll promote from our team.
We host events so you can connect and unwind, while adding value to your community.
You can choose from a diverse range of employment opportunities.
Employment Assistance Program:
We take your health and happiness seriously, consistently finding new ways to provide an amazing place to work.
Should you join NH Foods Australia? Yes! Help our team bring the joy of eating to millions across the globe.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Michelle Ballard, HR Coordinator, on 07 4650 9177 or if you would like to apply, please include a covering letter together with a current resume, including referees.