NH Foods Australia is a wholly owned subsidiary of the NH Foods Group, a publicly listed company in Japan. We are a global leader in the delivery of a wide variety of foods including fresh meats, ham, seafood, diary and processed foods.
In Australia, we are one of the largest beef production companies, operating three large export processing operations that are strategically placed in prime cattle areas along the east coast of Australia. These facilities are supported by Australia’s largest and most modern cattle feedlot, Whyalla Beef.
Where we are
We are located on the border between New South Wales and Queensland, in the town of Texas. Texas sits within the Goondiwindi Regional Council Shire and is perched on the banks of the picturesque Dumaresq River. It is renowned for its excellent fishing, camping, and four-wheel driving spots, nestled in and around the area.
We are currently seeking an experienced WHS Officer to take day to day responsibility for the WHS at Whyalla Beef. The successful candidate will be a strong role model for safety in the workplace, has great communication skills, values team work but is also pro-active and takes initiative.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Perform site safety inspections, hazard identifications and risk assessments
- Undertake induction and WHS training for new and existing employees
- Maintain and review all safety documentation and safety systems
- Provide relevant training and support to continuously improve safety
- Manage drug and alcohol testing and vaccinations programs.
- Investigate injuries and illnesses and provide corrective action recommendations
- WorkCover and Rehab administration
- Above all, ensuring all activities are performed safely, accurately and in accordance with legislative, company and customer requirements
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- A keen eye for detail and accuracy
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Self-motivated and can work with minimal supervision
- Fast and competent computer skills
- Multitasking across a variety of tasks throughout the day
- Passion to drive a safety culture and lead with safety first
- Relevant OHS, Safety and First Aid qualifications or experience
- Hold a current driver’s licence with clean driving record
- Ability to pass a pre-employment medical and are Q-Fever vaccinated (or willing to obtain)
What we can offer you
- Permanent Fulltime position
- Attractive remuneration package
- Training, Development and Potential for career growth are features of this position
If you enjoy working in a harmonious workplace with ever changing challenges, where no two days are the same, and have the above requirements; we want to hear from you.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Jennifer Ritchie, HR Manager, on 07 4650 9114 or if you would like to apply, please forward covering letter together with a current resume, including referees, to firstname.lastname@example.org.