Established in 1956, Oakey Beef Exports in Queensland’s Darling Downs region is one of Australia’s largest beef processing plants, employing more than 700 people from Oakey, Toowoomba and the surrounding districts. It offers employment, growth and development for the region, and for the industry.
An exciting position exists at one of Australia’s leading red meat exporters.
Oakey Beef Exports are currently looking for an Electrical Supervisor to oversee and manage the day to day running of our company’s highly skilled electrical maintenance department.
Responsibilities will include
- Supervise on site electricians
- Assist with site training of apprentices and tradesman
- Assist the Plant Engineer and Maintenance Manager with Capital, Engineering and Environmental Projects
- Assist Maintenance Manager with management and delivery of maintenance systems and services
- Provide leadership and support to the management and staff of the Oakey Beef Exports site.
- Actively assist with implementing all Oakey Beef Exports policies and procedures, safe work instructions to ensure compliance with legislative responsibilities.
- Assist with implementing Oakey’s Occupational Health and Safety Management system within the electrical work areas.
- Ensure the proper and effective use of available resources, including equipment and people.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Trade qualification in Electro technology or equivalent
- Required State licenses
- Relevant Drivers licenses
- Current first aid and CPR certificate (required)
- Current Low Voltage Rescue training (required)
- Working at Height, High Risk License for Elevated Work Platform (WP) (preferred)
- Completed Electrical Equipment in Hazardous Area course (preferred)
- At least 5 years’ experience working in a Commercial / Industrial environment
- Previous experience providing maintenance services
- Previous experience working in an electrician position involving large volumes of assets and programmed servicing schedules
- High level of understanding and commitment to OH&S
Interested applicants please email their resume to the Recruitment Officer David Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org , Fax your resume to (07) 46912482 or post to The Recruitment Officer Oakey Beef Exports PO Box 156 Oakey QLD 4401.
Oakey Beef Exports are an equal opportunity employer