MSA Meat Grader / AUS-MEAT Chiller Assessor
What is the opportunity?
Oakey Beef Exports is seeking self-motivated individuals to join their team of MSA Meat Grader / Aus-Meat Chiller Assessor. You will be working 38-hour weeks, Monday to Friday, with some overtime when required.
In this role you will be responsible of assessing and grading beef carcasses to Aus-Meat standards, liaise with management, supervisor, Aus-Meat and Department of Agriculture personnels, and to ensure all food safety and work safety procedures are followed.
Due to the nature of the role, you will also need to be physically able to work in chilled cool room conditions and be available to work midnight to early morning shifts.
What skill are we looking for?
- Have a keen eye for detail
- Good communication skills, verbal and written
- Commitment to training
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong eyesight and willing to colour blindness test.
What experience are we looking for?
- Experience in the red meat industry would be beneficial
- Aus-Meat Chiller Assessment Certificate, or willingness to get certified
- MSA Grader Certificate, or willingness to get certified.
Why choose Oakey Beef Exports?
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discounted meat through our onsite butcher shop
- Ongoing training and development opportunities to enhance your skills and knowledge
- A supportive and collaborative work environment.
Come for a career but stay for the lifestyle of living and working in a family friendly town that offers a real county experience and genuine hospitality.
Why wait – apply now!
Apply online. Help our team bring the joy of eating to millions across the globe.
WE WELCOME TALENT FROM ACROSS THE GLOBE
Experience in the Meat Industry? You may qualify for sponsorship.
Have an Australian Work Visa? Apply with any skill level – have your visa details ready.
Skill requirement: Please note, we are unable to sponsor without proven skills in the meat industry.