Projects and Innovation Coordinator
What is the opportunity?
An exciting opportunity exists for a motivated and passionate Projects & Innovation Coordinator at our Mackay Plant, reporting to the General Manager. Join our dynamic, exciting organisation and enjoy the benefits and satisfaction in contributing to the continued growth and success of our business.
You will work actively with the WHS Officer to ensure compliance with legislation and assist the engineering team in planning and leading Reliability and Maintainability (R&M) Projects while ensuring proper and effective use of resources.
Your responsibilities include managing maintenance costs and incorporating Capex into the budget, as well as overseeing contractor costs, reducing utilities usage rates, completing re-engineering projects according to plans, and monitoring the environmental impact and implementation of projects.
What skills are we looking for?
- Knowledge of computer applications including spreadsheet analysis and presentation
- Data collection, analysis and report writing skills
- Awareness of contemporary business improvement, energy efficiency and sustainability practices and regulations
- Advanced time management and analytical skills
- Excellent communication with internal and external stakeholders.
What experience are we looking for?
- Desirable experience in Project Management, experience in process improvement, knowledge of the relevant building & environmental regulations.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and CAD
Why chose Thomas Borthwick & Sons?
- Stable employment with a company that is a leader in the food production industry
- All tools required for the role, including uniform and PPE, will be supplied
- Discounted meat through our onsite butcher shop
- Employee Assistance Program
- We support your development by providing structured training and coaching.
Come for a career but stay for the lifestyle of living and working in a family friendly town that offers a real country experience and genuine hospitality.
Why wait – apply now!
Help our team bring the joy of eating to millions across the globe.
WE WELCOME TALENT FROM ACROSS THE GLOBE
Experience in the Meat Industry? You may qualify for sponsorship.
Have an Australian Work Visa? Apply with any skill level – have your visa details ready.
Skill requirement: Please note, we are unable to sponsor without proven skills in the meat industry.